Fr. Blaine Burkey Center for Research; Kansas Library e-Card
Students and Faculty/Staff may request a Kansas Library e-Card by contacting Center for Research Director Gini Augustine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using Your Kansas Library e-card
Reading Complete Magazines or Journals Online
- Using your individual Kansas Library e-card, sign in to your account.
- At the top left, click on “Kansans” for a drop-down menu. Look at the bottom right side and click on “Journal Finder.”
- On this new screen, type the name of the journal you want into the search window (For example, Popular Science) There are also some A-B- C buttons, if you want to search that way.
- On the next screen that comes up, you’ll see a list of possible data bases; click on the one that seems best for your needs (For example, for the Popular Science search, above, you might want to choose “Ebsco Academic Search Premier”)
- On this next screen, you’ll see a list of dates in blue, over on the right side. Choose a year and then, after you’ve clicked that, choose a month or week or whatever it shows. Click on that and you’re “in” – you’ll have full access to the magazine or journal of your choice. It will sometimes be in random order, not page-by- page as it would be in the print copy. From the left side, you can then choose to view the article in html (text only) or pdf (gives you all the images and formatting you would see on a printed copy of that article). There, you can also choose just the summary form or the full-text form.